ExpressPass Terms and Conditions engage directly with individual franchised driving instructors, who are self-employed and act in their capacity as franchisees of Express Pass. The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor.
LEARNER DRIVER RESPONSIBILITY
- Be aged 17 or older.
- Driving lessons are only available to those who hold a driving license valid in the UK and Be legally entitled to drive in the United Kingdom. It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid license to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson. If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such a driving lesson.
- Express Pass Driving School does not guarantee that a specific instructor, vehicle, or driving lesson time will be available.
- You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing on all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
- You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, example any lack or loss of a valid UK professional driving license.
- In their own interest learners are advised to be punctual for lesson appointments. Instructor would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the full lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if Instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances or traffic conditions. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by instructor either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
- In the interests of comfort and safety, learners are advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Learners must also take note of any medication they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely and inform their instructor accordingly before taking any lesson booked.
DRIVING INSTRUCTOR’S RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities of the driving instructor include:
- Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car.
- Honor the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of Your lesson.
- The Driving instructor may refuse to allow you to take a practical driving test in the Driving Instructor’s car at the end of your Course if the Driving Instructor reasonably determines your driving does not meet the necessary standard to take a practical driving test on the grounds that it would be a risk to the health and safety of pedestrians and other motorists or there is a risk of damage to the Driving Instructor’s property and livelihood.
- You will not be entitled to change your Driving Instructor once your Lessons have started unless if in Express Pass reasonably held opinion there is a legitimate and reasonable reason, and in which case Express Pass will work with you to seek a suitable and reasonable resolution.
- Express Pass does not guarantee to satisfy your preference regarding your Driving Instructor’s: gender; car make; car model; or car fuel type unless otherwise agreed.
- Your instructor cannot guarantee that they will be available each time you choose to request a driving lesson. It is your responsibility to agree and confirm the timing of lessons with your instructor.
- If the Instructor needs to change a pre-booked lesson at short notice due to mechanical fault or breakdown of the vehicle, your instructor will contact you and rearrange the lesson.
- Express Pass has a zero-tolerance policy regarding abuse, harassment or violence whether physical or verbal towards its staff members or the Driving Instructors and reserves the right to cancel your booking in the event. Your deposit will be non-refundable. Up to one hundred percent of the remainder of the payment may also be non-refundable to cover costs already incurred by Express Pass or your Driving Instructor.
PAYING YOUR INSTRUCTOR DIRECTLY
You will pay your deposit to Express Pass, rest of the payment will be made to your instructor directly without involving Express Pass. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they can accept. Express Pass does not accept any responsibility for any payments you make directly to your instructor.
PRACTICAL DRIVING TEST
- Express Pass will aim to find a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days from the next working day after receiving your completed Details Form or 10 working days from the next working day after you make Express Pass aware the theory test has been passed.
- The time for the practical driving test is included in the overall time of the course.
- You cannot book under the assumption that Express Pass will find a weekend practical driving test. You must be available to take a practical driving test on a weekday.
- If Express Pass secure a weekend practical driving test for you an additional charge of £13 will apply.
SHORT NOTICE TEST
- A short notice test is when there’s 3 weeks or less from the date of the first planned lesson to the date of your booked test.
- A short notice test package consists of 6 hours of instructor and tuition vehicle time as a minimum. This includes 4 hours of driving assessment/training and a further 2 hours covering the day of your driving test.
- As a minimum, you’ll need to pay for 6 hours of tuition before starting lessons.
- Additional hours bought within the short notice test period will be charged at the instructor’s standard hourly rate.
- If you need additional tuition prior to the test the instructor will explain this to you. You will need to be available for the time slots your instructor is available should you wish to take these driving lessons. If you cannot take the required hours prior to your test date, the instructor will not be able to take you for test.
- If you fail your test and need more lessons, you need to contact Express Pass and discuss to take further package.
- During the first assessment lesson you’ll be evaluated by your instructor. If, after this, the instructor tells you that you’re not ready for the test, they’re under no obligation to take you. Your instructor will advise you of the next steps needed to become test ready.
- The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency require you to give three clear working days to cancel or re-schedule your test. This means that you may lose your Driving Standards Agency test fee if your instructor says that you’re not ready for the test after the initial assessment lesson. In these circumstances neither Express Pass or your instructor are liable for the cost of any lost driving test fee.
- If you decide to reschedule your test to a later date, you can use the unused pre-paid hours for further tuition toward the new test date.
- This offer can’t be taken in conjunction with any other offer.
LESSON OR TEST CANCELLATION OR ARRANGEMENT POLICY
- You must give your Instructor at least 48 hours (the “Minimum Notice”) if You wish to cancel or rearrange a driving lesson, otherwise You will be liable to pay for 100% of the lesson fee.
- You will not be able to sell or transfer any driving lessons which You have pre-paid for to any third party, without obtaining Our prior written consent.
- If you want Express Pass to rearrange a Practical Test a non-refundable administration fee of £15.00 will be charged by Express Pass.
- Downgrading your Course is not possible under any circumstances.
- If you instruct Express Pass to place your Course on hold, Express Pass will cease all work relating to the provision of your Course until you instruct Express Pass to resume.
- Express Pass will assess on a case by case basis any missed or cancelled lessons or Tests due to the Driving Instructor being ill, vehicle breakdowns or any other circumstance outside of Express Pass’s or the Driving Instructor’s control.
- Express Pass will not be responsible for Tests moved or cancelled by the DVSA. If the DVSA takes such action, you and Express Pass will be notified by the DVSA. If you require Express Pass to rearrange the new date set by the DVSA, Express Pass will charge you an administration fee £15 if it is the practical driving test. These fees will only apply if you require the test to be fast-tracked.
- You agree to inform Express Pass of any issues you experience regarding your Course in a timely manner. Any issues that occur prior to the final day of your Course which are only brought to Express Pass’s attention after your Course has been completed will not be considered by Express Pass.
You can request a refund if:
- Express Pass is unable to secure a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days starting from the next working day after receipt of your Details Form.
- Express Pass is unable to secure a Driving Instructor to carry out your Lessons within 10 working days starting from the next working day after a suitable practical driving test has been secured and you have made the full payment of the Fees.
- If you need to take a theory test, the 10 working day period will not start until the next working day after you make Express Pass aware the theory test has been passed.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information that you provide to ExpressPass may be used to:
- Identify you.
- To arrange for a Driving Instructor to contact you regarding lessons and to arrange for a Test or Tests.
- To process your payment for the Tuition Fees and the Test fees.
- To contact you as may be necessary concerning your tuition and to keep you informed of products and services which Express Pass can make available to you.
- Help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products provided to you.
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent and detect fraud, and manage your accounts or insurance policies; and check your identity to prevent money laundering unless you give us other satisfactory proof of identity.
- Contact you in any way (including mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners.
- Provide information that has been legitimately asked for by legal or regulatory bodies or where we are required to provide it as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may provide this information to fraud prevention agencies and other relevant authorities including the police.
- If you have booked your own Test, in order for Express Pass to manage your Test booking, Express Pass will log in to the DVSA website using your details as provided by you to Express Pass, and Express Pass will alter the contact email address to be that of Express Pass so that Express Pass receives notifications from the DVSA. You consent to Express Pass doing this to manage your Test booking(s). Express Pass will contact you should any DVSA notifications be received.
The driving instructor will endeavour to ensure that speed limits and other traffic regulations are complied with but the student should be aware that all driving penalty points and fines are the responsibility of the driver under UK law.
If any driving offence occurs the student will be responsible.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Certain (hypertext) links will lead you to websites that are not under the control of Express Pass. When you activate any of these links, you will leave the Express Pass website and as such Express Pass has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any such other website. By allowing links with third-party websites Express Pass does not intend to solicit business or offer any security to any person in any country, directly or indirectly.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND RECORDS OF AGREEMENT
Express Pass reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application form completed and submitted.
The images, logos and names on this website which identify Expre Pass or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Express Pass and/or the relevant third parties
LEARN WITH A COMPANY THAT CARES, MORE THAN JUST AN OFFER!
Our pupils are taught with the utmost patience and sensitivity.
Get Started Today!
If you have any questions and need advice, please fill in the form below and we will be in touch with you soon.